Saturday, March 17, 2012

William and Lucinda's Family and Obituaries from Vigo County Library

I'm in the process of working through William and Lucinda's children right now, looking for spouses of their children and for grandchildren.

I have found a great website, Wabash Valley Obituary Index that has many of the Watts family in their small newspaper. The index is searchable and they charge $5.00 for each obituary. They will email them or mail hard copies. Their address is:


Special Collections
Vigo County Public Library
One Library Square
Terre Haute, IN 47807

Since I'm not rich (sigh) I'm in the process of deciding the most productive obituaries to request. So far, the obits that I want are:


  • William Watts; age 79; date August 26, 1921; I hope for more information about Lucinda and any children. Also, I'm hoping for information about his first wife, Jane Jinkins.
  • Wyatt Watts, age 93; date September 16, 1965; Again, info about Lucinda. But, Wyatt and more information about he and Roxie's children.
  • Mrs. Lillie Pennington; age 66; date February 14, 1932; Really want info about her mother.
  • Mrs. Lucindy Watts; age 65; date March 25, 1909; This is Lucinda Appleton. I'd love any info about her--children, parents, and siblings.
  • Mrs. Jennie L. Taylor, age 81, date March 5, 1955, Jennie had a child who died. Want more info about her children.


I'm making individual posts about each child so it will be easier to find them for future reference.



No comments:

Post a Comment