Thursday, February 11, 2016

Nathan Stone Reed, b. 1803 Macedon, NY

Hannah G. Reed Beal and Seth Beal
Friends Cemetery, Farmington, NY
Today I was praying for help with my family history research. I would really like to find some more of my relatives in the Palmyra area before summer of 2017 when we take a family trip to Palmyra. I felt impressed to look at the family of Hannah Gould Reed (b. 1806). Hannah G. Reed Beal is my 3rd Great Grandmother.

I went into FamilySearch to Hannah's parents, Lois Stone and Paul Reed.  Paul Reed's records indicate that he has more than one wife for the same time period. So, I switched the view to Lois Stone. I looked at the descendancy view to begin my work.

The oldest child is Sabrina Reed. FS shows a spouse of Eliab Purdy. However, FindAGrave has a couple of records that raise questions about this marriage. There is a headstone for Eliab Purdy in Ohio. Linked with that memorial is a daughter, Mercy Ann (Purdy) Kibby. Mercy's  memorial reads: "Dgt. of Eliab and Mary (Hartford) Purdy. Wife of Harmon Kibby." More research is needed to determine any information about Sabrina Reed.

I also looked at Nathan Stone Reed. FS has him with three wives: Mary Ann Tedman, d. 1835; Mary A. Rice, d. 1860; and Sarepta Simpson, married after 1860. The FindAGrave memorials indicate children for each of the Mary's. On FS, there were several children attached to Mary Ann Tedman who were born after she died. Today I merged some of the inaccurate records and moved the children to Mary A. Rice.

There is still a lot of research to be done with this family. I didn't start research or attaching records until I had the family cleaned up a bit. This is where I will pick up when I come back. My first TODO, though, I think, is to get this family made into a tree and loaded onto Ancestry.com. Then I will work with both Ancestry and FS to research, source, and work on this line of my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment