Friday, February 17, 2017

Lois Reed md. Samuel Knowles

2/16/2017 Found a FindAGrave memorial for Lois Reed Knowels in the Farmington Friends Cemetery, Ontario County, NY. She died in 1846, four years before the 1850 census. The memorial identifies husband as Samuel Knowles. It has two links to children:

* John Knowles, Birth: Jul. 27, 1835; Death: Jan. 3, 1838; Son of Samuel S. & Lois Knowles

* Sarah Jane Knowles Kelley; Birth: 1828, New York, USA; Death: 1901, USA; Daughter of Samuel and Lois Knowles; Family links: Parents: Lois Knowles (1815 - 1846) and Spouse: Asa Spencer Kelly (1824 - 1891)
     Asa Spencer Kelley is the son of Asa Kelley and Rebecca Phillips. He is the brother of William Henry Kelley who married Mercy Ann Beal, daughter of Seth Beal and Hannah Gould Smith (info about the Kelleys is according to FamilySearch, but it makes sense).

PROBLEM: When I went to add Sarah Jane Knowles to her parents, Lois Reed and Samuel Knowles, I got a flag that indicated that Sarah would have been born before child-bearing age of mother. 
   * Are the dates recorded wrong?
   * Is Sarah Jane not the daughter of Lois Reed and Samuel Knowles?
   * Is Sarah the daughter of Samuel but not Lois?

FindAGrave did not have pictures of the headstones, and I made a photo request today.

I got an answer to two of my FindAGRave requests, the two in the North Farmington Cemetery. One was for Lois Reed Knowles and the other for her son, John Knowles. On the headstone, it lists her son's birth and death date information. I will add him to their family.

March 4, 2017
Today I finished working through the descendants of Lois Reed and Samuel Knowles. I think I got all of them through about the early part of the 20th century. UPDATE: June 30, 2017: My trip to New York revealed a wife and daughter for John H. Knowles. Daughter is Minnie E. who is buried next to her grandmother, Lois Reed Knowles.

March 4, 2017
I still don't know about Sarah Jane Knowles. I'll have to look for her records when I visit Macedon this summer.


No comments:

Post a Comment